A friend asked me to make a bracelet with some New York subway tokens that had belonged to her dear, departed father.
After a couple of quick Facebook messages and one trip to the post office, I lovingly created this:

That's my friend wearing her father's subway tokens adorned with gold brass chain and wire and orange Swarovskis.
Kim, it was an honor. :)
Seeing my jewelry on the recipient makes me rejoice like nothing else can. I imagine it's like watching your kid win the spelling bee or witnessing your purebred pooch receive the blue ribbon. When I'm commissioned to make jewelry, it's something I take very seriously. I am going to decorate another person, and that's a ritual, that's me honoring that person's essence, that's me giving someone a physical symbol that triggers joy (if I've done it right!).
How may I fabulously adorn you? Drop me a line or a comment and let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment