Now that I did the positive thinking ceremonies....
Due to an extremely demanding social schedule which actually began before the last entry...well...I hereby formally affirm that I am grateful that anything has been done behind the scenes at all to White Peacock.
- I've repriced the tiaras to be, um, more "reasonable in price" (I hope the customers feel that way!).
- I reviewed the product line.
- I uploaded the banner to the White Peacock store on Etsy and built my profile there.
- I got myself a gig as the Beginning Jewelry Design teacher at South Bay Adult School. Technically not White Peacockian, but it's a heck of a (white) feather in my jewelry cap.
As to why I must remain calm, last night I busted out the MS FrontPage for the first time on the HTML code that my graphic designer hacked from Yahoo! Site Builder, and I found out that FrontPage and Site Builder are sworn enemies. As you see WhitePeacockDesigns.com on the web, right now, it is frozen in space and cannot be edited. Any changes destroy the website structure. No new pages can be added, the Paypal buttons still connect to my old business, and the prices remain static. And without the website, the Etsy store must remain frozen as well, for the prices have to match.
11:00 PM last night, I was not a good human to know.
My graphic designer (who I found out last night doubles as a shrink - thank you darling!) is coming over tonight to look at the files on FrontPage and may take my entire website with him on CD to the website hospital to perform triage. The words "completely rebuilding the site" came up last night a few times. I am praying this is not the answer - he feels confident he can avoid it.
If White Peacock must be delayed for what feels like the 897832554th time, then I can only assume God is at work here and there is a reason why it feels like it will never get off the ground that will eventually make sense. Will I ever be like my idols, like Miss Malaprop and the Naughty Secretary, for instance?
Click your heels and believe, Dorothy!
PS - It occurs to me that as the necklaces I want to sell are not on the website, I can at least put those on Etsy. There is hope yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment